COVID-19 UPDATE – POOL REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, TENNIS COURTS ARE OPEN WITH LIMITATIONS
Good News! We will be opening all the tennis/pickleball courts for play TO MEMBERS ONLY, NO GUESTS, effective Saturday, May 9, subject to the following guidelines as set forth from the Marin County Health Department, and advice from the USTA for safe play.
- Doubles tennis & doubles pickleball is permitted only between families and same household members.
- Singles tennis & single pickleball may be played by all without the family/household restriction.
- Play will be allowed only from 9 a.m. to dusk. No lighted court play for now.
- Members are required to bring their own hand sanitizers for their own use until court sanitizer stations installed.
- Erik’s tennis programs are still on hold for the time being.
- Clubhouse and locker rooms will remain closed.
- The County guidelines are continually being updated, and we will provide further information as needed.
THE FOLLOWING USTA GUIDELINES WILL BE OBSERVED
- Sanitize hands before going to the court.
- Do not share racquets or other equipment.
- Bring your own water. No water jugs will be provided.
- Open two cans of tennis balls that do not share the same number on the ball.
- Take one set of numbered balls, and have your playing partner take a set of balls from the other can.
- Proceed with play, making sure to pick up your set of numbered balls only. Should a ball with the other number wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to the other side of the court.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
- Try to stay at least 6 feet apart. No physical contact, ie high fives.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball or racquet.
- No sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE COURT. AVOID CHANGING ENDS OF THE COURT.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
THANK YOU FOR PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES
The Canon Swim and Tennis Club in Marin : Good friends, great facilities, unbelievable beauty.
Welcome to The Cañon Swim & Tennis Club located in a hidden valley just one mile west of downtown Fairfax, California. Our pool and tennis courts are surrounded by permanent open space hills where wildflowers bloom in the spring and where deer and wild turkeys roam all year. Cañon Swim & Tennis Club has a pro shop, swim and tennis lessons, junior tennis programs, swim and tennis camps for kids, and a relaxed atmosphere, but most importantly, great people who enjoy and appreciate our wonderful area.
The newly resurfaced pool is now open!
Come take a dip or swim some laps today.
Cañon Swim & Tennis Club features :
- Eight tennis courts, three lighted, one with the only clay court surface in Marin
- Junior Olympic pool with lap & family swimming, heated all year
- Clubhouse with fireplace, television, kitchen
- Locker rooms
- Open every day except major holidays
- Attractive rates payable by cash, check or credit card
- Rates for guests
The pool is open at 7am weekdays to accommodate those who would like to swim early in the day!
M-F : 7am – 6pm
Sat : 9am – 5:30pm
Sun : 10am – 5pm
NOTE : The Pool is CLOSED each Monday from 8am to 10am for cleaning
DAILY 8am – 10pm
If you haven’t seen them, take a look at and try your serve on our three newly refinished courts.
Latest Club News & Events