Welcome Back ~ We are happy to be making the facility available to our members and operating per the County Covid-19 guidelines
GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND IN TO PICKLEBALL AT CANON!
Great News! Now that Marin is reopening a bit, with safety in mind, the Department of Public health has determined that outdoor pickleball is an activity that is allowable and may be played safely.
The Canon Swim and Tennis Club has built the first dedicated pickleball courts in Marin. The courts are fantastic — and are ready for a distanced, courteous, safety-minded gathering of players.
Beginning Tuesday, October 6th, we’re having regular Tuesday evening play at the club from 6pm-9pm, with available daylight, and then under the lights. We’ll do this weather-permitting, cancelling with rain, extreme cold or poor air quality. If there’s interest, we can create a Thursday night group as well.REGISTER TO PLAY PICKLEBALL AT CANON
The five pickleball courts (4 dedicated) are available seven days a week from 9am-9pm for your own drop-in play. Pickleball paddles and balls are available for purchase or to borrow at the club. We will be scheduling private or small group lessons during other times of the week for those who are looking for a refresher or who would like to work on skills and drills to get ready for group play or more advanced play.
For safety, club rules require that all pickleball players arrive and leave the club wearing a mask. A mask is not required during play, but must also be worn on the sidelines during waiting periods. Social distancing protocols and other sensible precautions should be followed as well. For those who would like, plastic gloves and hand sanitizer will also be available.
Canon is a private club that usually requires monthly or seasonal memberships, but in order to recruit pickleball players, we’re offering a 12-play membership card for use between October 1-December 31st for $100. Each player would be on the honor system to keep track of their playing sessions and purchase additional membership credits as needed. Play requires registration and payment online.
Anyone for PICKLE? Try the newest, low-impact racket sport at Canon!
( Get out of the house and into the game )
Effective October 1 through December 31, a special 90 day membership rate of $100 for 12 plays is being offered. Come try out our four new dedicated Pickleball courts, which are also lighted for night play. When you feel ready to come back and try pickleball, in a safely managed environment, we look forward to seeing you on a Tuesday and Thursday night at Canon.REGISTER TO PLAY PICKLEBALL AT CANON
TENNIS COURTS ARE OPEN WITH LIMITATIONS - COVID-19 POLICY
Good News! The tennis/pickleball courts are now open for play TO MEMBERS ONLY, NO GUESTS, subject to the following guidelines as set forth from the Marin County Health Department, and advice from the USTA for safe play.
- Doubles tennis & doubles pickleball is permitted.
- Members are required to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Erik’s tennis programs are available.
- Clubhouse and locker rooms will remain closed.
- The County guidelines are continually being updated, and we will provide further information as needed.
THE FOLLOWING USTA GUIDELINES WILL BE OBSERVED
- Sanitize hands before going to the court.
- Do not share racquets or other equipment.
- Bring your own water. No water jugs will be provided.
- Open two cans of tennis balls that do not share the same number on the ball.
- Take one set of numbered balls, and have your playing partner take a set of balls from the other can.
- Proceed with play, making sure to pick up your set of numbered balls only. Should a ball with the other number wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to the other side of the court.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
- Try to stay at least 6 feet apart. No physical contact, ie high fives.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball or racquet.
- No sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE COURT. AVOID CHANGING ENDS OF THE COURT.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
THANK YOU FOR PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES
POOL IS OPEN ONLY FOR LAP SWIMMING RESERVATIONS WITH LIMITATIONS - COVID-19 POLICY
We are excited to announce the re-opening of our swimming pool. In order to adhere to Marin County’s Covid-19 re-opening requirements Canon Swim & Tennis Club is limiting hours and doing our best to keep everyone safe. Therefore, Lap Lane Swimming will require on-line registration which is available only to CSTC members at this time. We are not able to accommodate day use, group swims or recreational swim until further notice.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB AT ALL UNLESS YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED RESERVATION
Reservations for lap lanes will be in 45 and 60-minute increments and we will be open from 6am to 6pm Monday – Friday and from 6am to 5pm Saturday & Sunday. The on-line reservation portal will provide the specific times that are available. Lap lane use is limited to one swimmer per lane. Reservations will open up for the following week on Saturdays after 8am. You must leave the premise once your swim is completed as we are not able to accommodate socializing until a further date.
During the initial phase of reopening, members may make one reservation per day and a max of 4 reservations per week unless otherwise decided. Please arrive to the outdoor pool gate, showered, in swim attire, with your own towel, ready to swim. Showers and locker rooms are not available at this time. Access to the Pool will be thru the pool gate which is located up the concrete walkway between the synthetic clay court and club house where you will check in at the Toll Booth.
Please read our member policies below. All members will need to sign the acknowledgement at the end of this document that they understand and agree to abide by these policies prior to or at the time of, their first visit. In addition, all members will need to sign an additional waiver form prior to use of the Canon Swim & Tennis Club facility.
- We are unable to accommodate any Swim Lap Guest and drop ins at this time.
- Pool reservations are available only to current CSTC members that are in good standing.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your reservation. One of our staff will be checking in members. Only members with a reservation will be able to enter the pool area and swim.
- Wearing a mask is required while on property grounds, except when exercising. For Lap Swim use, please wear a mask from the time you exit your car in the parking lot, until you are ready to enter the pool. Please place your mask back on when you exit the pool.
- All members must practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart from staff and other members.
- Use of the Lap Pool will be limited to one person per lane.
- Members/Swimmers will be responsible for bringing their own water bottles and towels. There will be no access to the downstairs portion of the building (including the locker rooms). There will be access to the upstairs restroom located next to the office.
- Cleaning materials will be available to wipe high-touch areas and Staff will be disinfecting high- touch areas each hour between swimmers. This includes railings and bathroom fixtures. Members will also be encouraged to clean any surface before touching it.
- No pool equipment will be provided by Canon Swim & Tennis Club at this time (kickboards, buoys, goggles, etc) but you are encouraged to bring your own.
Note: These policies are subject to change at any time based on new guidelines or directives issued by the Marin County Public Health Officer and/or the operational needs of the Center.
The Canon Swim and Tennis Club in Marin : Good friends, great facilities, unbelievable beauty.
Welcome to The Cañon Swim & Tennis Club located in a hidden valley just one mile west of downtown Fairfax, California. Our pool and tennis courts are surrounded by permanent open space hills where wildflowers bloom in the spring and where deer and wild turkeys roam all year. Cañon Swim & Tennis Club has a pro shop, swim and tennis lessons, junior tennis programs, swim and tennis camps for kids, and a relaxed atmosphere, but most importantly, great people who enjoy and appreciate our wonderful area.
The newly resurfaced pool is now open!
Come take a dip or swim some laps today.
Cañon Swim & Tennis Club features :
- Seven tennis courts, three lighted,
one with the only clay court surface in Marin
- Junior Olympic pool with lap & family swimming, heated all year
- Clubhouse with fireplace, television, kitchen
- 2 NEW Multi-purpose tennis courts for Pickleball,
Spec Tennis and other racquet sports
- Locker rooms
- Open every day except major holidays
The pool is open at 6am for Lap Swimming!
M-F : 6am – 6pm
Sat & Sun : 6am – 5pm
NOTE : The Pool is CLOSED FOR CLEANING each Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:30am to 9am
DAILY 8am – 10pm