The Native Sons of the Golden West (NSGW) is a fraternal order with roots dating back almost to the founding of California.
Founded in 1875, the NSGW was organized for the mutual benefit, social interaction of its members and to perpetuate, in the minds of all native Californians, the memories of one of the most wonderful eras in the world’s history, the Days of 1849. Fairfax Parlor of the Native Sons of the Golden West was established in 1949 and enjoys a growing membership; with over 500 members, it is the largest parlor in California. Membership is open only to those born in California.
Contributions to the local community include an annual scholarship program, the installation of lights at the Fairfax Pavilion, the restoration of the day-use areas at Samuel P. Taylor State Park and the sponsorship of the West Marin Little League.
The Fairfax Parlor owns and operates The Canon Swim and Tennis Club.LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SONS